top of page

Compliance Committee
Nancy Pasternak, Chair

The mission of the Compliance Committee is to ensure that all construction, improvements, and other activities by property owners adhere to the Declaration of Protective Covenants.

How To

What do I need to do when I get ready to put in a driveway?


Driveway Compliance Form


I am ready to build my house, what do I need to do?



Compliance Form

Do I need to apply for a building permit?
Huerfano County requires a building permit for anything over 200 square feet. Huerfano County Commissioners recently passed Resolution 19-27 that requires the approval of POAs and HOAs on all county-issued building permits for projects within the boundaries of the association’s jurisdiction. What this means for Blackhawk Ranch is that before property owners can begin any building project that requires a Huerfano County permit (over 200 square feet), it must be approved by the POA.

Huerfano County Building Permit Guidelines


I want to request a waiver on a covenant issue.

Waiver Form


I've changed my address, phone number or e-mail address

On-Line Change Form


If you changed your address, don't forget to notify the County Assessor's Office:

Huerfano County Assessor

401 Main St. Ste. 205 
Walsenburg, CO 81089 
Phone: (719) 738-1191 
Fax: (719) 738-1191 (Call First)


Las Animas County Assessor
200 E First Street # 203
Trinidad, CO 81082-3003 map
Phone:(719) 846-2295


Huerfano 719-738-1220
Las Animas 719-846-4486

Huerfano County 719-738-2650
Las Animas County 719-846-2213

Electrical and Plumbing Permits
Colorado State 303-894-2300

Colo. Div. of Water 719-542-3368

bottom of page